Sunday, May 30, 2010

anew

I have been eating for distraction and comfort frequently over the last few days.
I feel awful.
The little disappointments, the fatigue and frustration, the stress and boredom....all these daily things are triggers to eat. And what do I get from the food? A momentary distraction, a feeling of comfort that is fleeting. Then comes the discomfort and disappointment of having eaten the food. This all takes me away from what I was originally feeling in the first place. I get fatter, less healthy, and stuck.
I'm hoping and praying for clarity on this issue. For insight that will drive me past this cycle. I feel ready to move ahead in a way that I never have before.
What would be so wrong with allowing the little disappointments, the fatigue and frustration, the stress and boredom....all these daily things happen without stuffing them down with food? I know what would happen. They would just pass away. I'd feel something new. I'd move ahead. I know this because I've done it. I need to do it more. It will get easier.
I'm open to change. I'm willing to come through for me.
Clarity. Freedom from compulsion. My new mantra.

1 comment: