Saturday, July 10, 2010

need more veg

I seem to be resisting veggies. I can't afford organic and am "afraid" to eat conventional. I'm hoping to hit the Hmong farmer's market tomorrow because they have reasonable prices and beautiful stuff. Gotta run and put the kids to bed. I'll be soon to follow them.

2 cups coffee
1 cup Life cereal with soymilk and raisins
vegan current scone
green grapes (medium bunch)
1 4 inch wedge Afghani zatar bread
3 cups romaine with balsamic vinaigrette and 3T craisins
1 Tofutti Cutie
10 more grapes
1 cup sweet mint tea
1/4 cup homemade hummus
potatoes and green beans in yellow curry sauce
1 4-inch wedge Afghani zatar bread
2 slabs grilled eggplant
2 glasses water
1 medjool date

exercise: bike ride around the lake

4 comments:

  1. I completely understand being concerned about conventional produce. But given the choice between that or processed organic food I would go with the conventional produce every time.

    Some of the produce I buy is conventional. But I scrub it well and wash it in vinegar and water. Also, have you seen the list at ewg.com that shows which foods are safe to buy conventional? The list changes periodically but I check it often and keep it on my phone so I have it when shopping. Just a thought. :-)

    I hope you are having a good Sunday,
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ali, I will check that out. I do know that strawberries and spinach are bad (conventional), I'd looking forward to getting the list you mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just printed out my copy of the "dirty dozen and the clean 15"!! I feel so empowered !!!

    ReplyDelete