Friday, July 9, 2010

whining

++Looking at my weekly weigh-in results, one can see that my weight loss stalled out beginning the first week of June. What happened? My daily life changed. The kids got out of school and are now home all day. My husband had seizures, was hospitalized. I had my own health scare. We were worried there would be a strike that would cut off our incomes. I began driving my husband (and kids) to and from work and appointments, as he is prohibited from driving due to the new epilepsy diagnosis. I had to stop Spanish classes and yoga seems a distant memory. I've been trying hard to stay positive, but I'm having a weak moment. Boo-freakin-hoo, right?

2 cups coffee
1 big chunk of watermelon
Vegan Epicurean's curried tomato sauce with steamed collards
1/2 cup rice bowl (rice, beans, tomatoes, celery, corn)
3 glasses iced jasmine tea (unsweetened)
medifafst bar
medifast cheez balls
2 pc licorice
1 chocolate chip cookie
2 cups cubed steamed potatoes with 2T tahini-lemon-fresh garlic dressing
2 cups romaine lettuce from our garden with a little more of the dressing
4 snack-size Tofutti Cuties
2 liters water

BUT.....All is indeed well and I really am about the luckiest person I know, in spite of these little challenges.

4 comments:

  1. I completely understand your frustration. When the scale doesn't do what I want it to I try to concentrate on eating more veggies and fewer grains. Drinking fresh veggie and fruit juice for lunch for a few days also seems to help me.

    Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Feel free to email me.

    hugs,
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ali-
    I will whip out the juicer tomorrow. And anything you can do? Just keep up with your amazing work on your blog. Thanks for your support!
    Hugs back
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That is quite a list of "little challenges"! The children being home is a disruption to routine that takes some determination to regroup and could be called a "little challenge," but the other things? Not so much. I'm pretty sure they come under the category of major stressors.

    You have not only earned your little boo-hoo, you have also earned some "be kind to yourself" action. Do something that comforts you, but does not involve food. :)

    You have toughed out a difficult run and are facing some uncertainty with courage and determination. You done good.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb-
    I'm going to be reading your comment over and over again!
    Thanks-
    Meg

    ReplyDelete